New capabilities for the verification/calibration of tanks using a 3D scanner
SGS Kazakhstan has a new ability to perform more accurate tank measurements using a high-speed 3D laser scanner.
The main advantages of using a 3D scanner:
- Reducing the time for field work by 2-5 times
- Reducing tank downtime by 2-5 times
- Eliminating costs for the provision and disposal of calibration fluid
- Reducing the cost of tank calibration/calibration costs
- High data accuracy
- Ability to work in all weather and climatic conditions
- Autonomy, no external power supplies required
The following measurements can be taken with this 3D scanner:
- Scanning of tanks of various types and shapes – calibration/verification of tanks – drawing up a calibration table for accounting for oil and oil products
- Scanning of bulk materials – calculating the volume of minerals with high accuracy and in a short time
- Deformation monitoring of any objects (buildings, factories, bridges, quarries and dams)
- Scanning of quarries – longitudinal, cross-sections, extraction of lines of slopes and ledges
- Scanning of factories/factories – the actual executive survey is performed in 3D format, with all dimensions. For reconstruction, simulation and determination of Plan-Fact discrepancies
- Construction control – obtaining an up-to-date survey for the "project-fact" ratio, an up-to-date as-built model. Identification of inconsistencies
- Standard geodetic works
- Data visualization for building accurate block models and plans
- Survey of mine workings and tunnels
- Scanning and calculation of volumes (rocks, soil, etc.)
“Using a 3D laser scanner is a synergy of such factors as: compliance with legal requirements, measurement accuracy, saving time and money for the Customer,” - Oxana Begenova, Business Manager, Oil, Gas and Chemistry Department.
A 3D scanner is a device that allows you to create exact copies of real objects in digital form. These three-dimensional models are highly detailed and informative (with their help, the user can find out the data about the object in mathematical, digital form).
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 93,000 employees operate a network of 2,600 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.